How to file a USPS claim-; You can buy the United States Postal Services (USPS) insurance online or at the closest post office.
Generally, we can claim USPS insurance for lost or damaged packages. This standard shipping insurance helps you to get reimbursement for most of the items.
However, when they got lost or damaged at the time of delivery.
The USPS insurance cost offers upto $5000 of insurance coverage to prevent valuable items from getting lost or damaged in transit.
There are many scenarios in which USPS may cover a shipment for which the customer paid for shipping insurance.
What does USPS Insurance cover?
If your package is damaged for any reason possible other than the carrier’s fault, you can apply for USPS insurance.
By filling out the form and sending it with your package to the mailing address on the form.
If you do not have a form but fulfilled all of these requirements, you can still fill out one here. The USPS reserves the right to deny claims that include incomplete or inaccurate information.
How to file insurance for USPS claim Online?
File a claim USPS involves two processes those are:
- File an online claim
- Filing by mail
There are three steps in making a successful USPS claim. The first one is Checking filing periods. The second one is the collection of documents.
And the final step is Filing a claim. Now let us discuss the steps involved in filing a claim.
- First and foremost, open usps.com on your web browser.
- Go over to the help tab and select ‘filing a claim’.
- It will give you additional information about how to file a USPS claim and when to file a USPS insurance claim.
Read also:-2022 How To Dispute A False Insurance Claim?
Step-by-Step Procedure for USPS online claim
- First, you need to check filing periods on the official usps website.
- Next thing you need to do is keep all the required documents available with you.
- After that, Choose the ‘start an online claim’ option.
- You need to enter the tracking number and shipping dates and click on ‘Search.’
- Further, you need to select the reason for the claim.
- Also, you need to enter the total insurance fees paid for the package along with the proof that it was insured.
- Then you need to choose the mailer and reception address.
- Afterward, you need to add your payment address, but if you already have your USPS profile, the details will be updated automatically.
- Finally, describe your package contents like Item name, item type, item description, purchase date, and amount requested.
- After that upload any proof. You need to upload the proof in the form of an image or document.
- You can add up to ten items if they are included in the same tracking.
- Lastly, you need to give your claim a nickname for easy further tracking.
- Make sure that you add shipping costs also.
- In this way, you can make a successful USPS claim.
You can then file your claim online with USPS by visiting their website or in person by visiting their office for a paper form, which you can find on their site.
Required documents for USPS claim
- Tracking or Label Number:
You can get tracking or label number on your online label record, package label, mailing receipt, or sales receipt. These are between 13 and 34 characters.How to file a USPS claim
- Evidence of Insurance Purchase:
It can be an original mailing receipt, an outer package that shows the address and names of the sender, application printout.
- Proof of value:
Proof of value is the cost or value of an item when it was mailed. It can be a sales receipt, paid invoice or paid the bill of sales, statement of value or estimates of repair costs, or printouts of online transactions that include purchaser and seller details along with the date of transaction.
You also need to add the description of the item purchased and proof about the transaction status is completed.
- Proof of Damage:
Proof of damage includes photographs that clearly show the extent of the damage to your items. Do not throw away the damaged items even after you take photos of them.
Sometimes you will be asked to take your damaged items. Save the original package and everything inside it until your claim is settled.How to file a USPS claim
official website:- Click here
What are Filing periods?
The filing period is based on the mailing date on your receipt. If your package is damaged or missing, then you can immediately file a claim.
But filing date shouldn’t exceed 60 days after the mailing date.
If your item is not received at all, file a claim within the period of service you used.
Filing USPS claim by Mail (How to file a USPS claim)
If you are not able to file a claim online, then you can have a Domestic Claim Form mailed to you.
- Call the USPS National Materials Customer Service and request a Domestic Claim PS Form.
- Complete the form and mail it, along with proof of value and evidence of insurance, to the address on the form.
FAQs How to file a USPS claim
How can we connect to USPS customer service?
You can contact USPS by reaching out through email at emailus.usps.com or by phone at 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777).
How can I track my USPS tracking number?
If you’re a sender or a recipient, you can immediately track your package online. You may track your order by entering your order number on the official USPS website.
You can also SMS your USPS tracking phone number to 28777 immediately.
Can I claim my lost or damaged products?
Yes, Why not!! Using USPS claim insurance, you may quickly claim a USPS insurance by following the step-by-step steps above
USPS is an excellent option to obtain insurance and recover losses for damaged goods. Finally, if you’re wondering how to get it, we’ve already stated how to win a USPS insurance claim and paperwork. Examine it and file a successful USPS claim.
Thank you for taking the time to read this informative article that will assist you in recovering any goods losses or damages.How to file a USPS claim