Did you know? There was no winner after the numbers were revealed during Tuesday’s drawing in the Mega Millions lottery jackpot in 2022.The winning numbers on Tuesday were 7-29-60-63-66.The Mega Ball was 15 and the Megaplier was 3.
- A lottery ticket holder in South Carolina claimed the previous record Mega Millions jackpot of $1.537 billion in October 2018.
What Is a Mega Ball?
The Mega Ball is a bonus ball which is gold in colour in the Mega Millions lottery game. It is a range from 1 to 25 in the second drum of the game. It increases the value of the mega-lottery.
Top 10 Mega Millions lottery jackpots
Here are the top ten Mega Millions jackpots of all time
- $1.537 billion — Oct. 23 2018; South Carolina.
- $543 million — July 24 2018; California.
- $536 million — July 8 2016; Indiana.
- $1.05 billion — Jan. 22 2021; Michigan
- $522 million — June 7 2019; California.
- $516 million — May 21 2021; Pennsylvania.
- $1.02 billion — July 26 2022; TBD.
- $656 million — Mar. 30 2012; Kansas, Illinois, Maryland.
- $648 million — Dec. 17 2013; California, Georgia.
- $533 million — Mar. 30 2018; New Jersey.
- The jackpot has grown in value because no winner has been announced since April, when the prize was set at $20 million.
- There have now been 29 drawings in a row without a big winner.
- A single-ticket winner would be able to choose an immediate cash payout of $913 million or an annuity paid out over 29 years.
- If a winner chooses the cash option, it comes to about $650 million after tax.
- It is expected to be paid over 29 years, or the winner can take a lump sum payment that would be $878 million.
- Within 24 hours, Mega Millions website traffic reached 62 million requests, according to Kilbain.
- There was so much traffic on the Mega Millions site on Tuesday night that the site went down temporarily shortly after drawing at 11:00 pm. However, it seems to have improved as traffic slowed down.
- Mega Millions debuted in August 1996 as The Big Game, with the first draw taking place on September 6, 1996.
- Only six states participated in the draws at the time: Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Virginia.
- The following states don’t offer mega millions:Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada, and Utah.
- When you win, no taxes are deducted from your winnings.However, depending on the value of the prize and your personal circumstances, you may be required to pay income tax.
Fun facts about Mega million
- The six stars in the Mega Millions logo represent the original members of the consortium that founded the game.
- On May 17, 2002, there was a jackpot winner in the very first Mega Millions draw. It was won by a player from Illinois, who took home $28 million.
1.What exactly are megamillions?
Mega Millions is a weekly lottery game in the United States. A Mega Millions jackpot can be won by an individual or a group of people, with the possibility of winning a jackpot or cash prize. Each ticket is $2.00. It will keep growing until the jackpot is won.
2.Who is eligible to play Mega Millions?
To purchase lottery tickets, you must be at least 18 years old.
3.How big is the biggest jackpot ever won?
The Mega Millions record jackpot is $1.537 billion, which was won on October 23, 2018 in South Carolina; it is still the world’s largest lottery prize ever won on a single ticket.
4.Which state has the most Mega Millions winners?
California has the most Mega Millions jackpot winners during that time period, with six winners.
5.When will tickets be available for purchase?
Because the exact ticket purchase cutoff time varies by state, please check with an official lottery retailer in your state. Some states stop selling tickets an hour before the drawing, while others sell them until about 15 minutes before the drawing.
6.Can non-US citizens participate? What happens if a non-US citizen wins?
Yes, non-US citizens can play legally, and they are eligible to win any prize offered in the game.
If a non-US citizen wins, they will be able to claim their prize in the same way as a US citizen, but the taxes withheld will be different.
7.Can you play Mega Millions by mail?
No, it is against federal law to mail lottery tickets.
8.What are the options after winning the jackpot?
Cash option:It is a one-time transaction and lump sum payment which is equal to the cash in the mega million jackpot.
Annuity option:It is one immediate payment followed by 29 annual payments. Each payment will be 5% higher than the previous one.During the period of inflation, it protects the winners’ lifestyle and their purchasing power.
9.Are Mega million prizes shared?
Mega million jackpots are shared among all jackpot winning plays in all Mega million lotteries. All other prize levels are fixed.
10.How long does it take for a Powerball or Mega Millions jackpot winner to decide whether to take the annuity or cash option for the jackpot?
Winners have 60 days after the lottery validates their ticket to choose between the annuity and cash payment options.
11.How much does a plane ticket cost?
A single ticket costs $2, with the Megaplier costing an extra $1 per line.
12.What are the odds of winning the Mega Millions jackpot?
The chances of winning the Mega Millions jackpot are roughly one in 302 million.
13.How do I participate in Mega Millions from India?
- Simply go to the Lottery Tickets section and click the “Play Now” button.
- After creating an online account, select five numbers between 1 and 70, plus one mega number between 1 and 25.
- Select which draws you want to enter and how many sets of numbers you want to play, then pay for your entries.
- In India, the entry fee is Rs. 300.
14.Which states do not participate in the mega million?
The following states don’t offer mega millions:Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada, and Utah